Saturday, April 9, 2011

PE1_iMovie


Well, first off, I must say that work and my family have really put a dent into my time this week, so while I've been watching some of the tutorials throughout the week, my blog posts have been delayed do to real life.

While I've used iMovie in the past, I've never felt like I really had a handle on the program. Since I'm still using iMovie '09, I'm glad that the older set of tutorials for this version was still available on Lynda.com. This is exactly what I needed to finally understand what I was doing in iMovie, not just randomly clicking on things to see what I could make.

One of the first things that I never really understood in iMovie was the organization of media that is imported. I guess I always thought it was much more involved, but iMovie actually does much of the work for you. The integration of the iLife suite of tools is amazing, and being able to browse easily through your iPhoto library and Gararge Band tracks is amazing. The other thing that I really like is that the projects are non-destructive editing, so I don't have to worry about ruining my source material in the process of clipping it up into a specific project.



Ok, off to more training videos!!!

"House Lights... Go"

No comments:

Post a Comment