Saturday, April 9, 2011

PE2_iMovie

Ok, now we're getting somewhere in iMovie! Many of the tutorials, while interesting, was information that I have already found on my own while exploring the program. But now I'm into the good stuff, the things beyond the basic control panel interface.

One of the big things that I never understood, although I had clicked on it before, was the Precision Editor. I used to spend a bunch of time "zooming" in and out of my clips to get the cuts in between my files as accurate as I could. While effective, it seemed really clunky to me. The Precision Editor function of iMovie is exactly what I've been searching for.

One of the best parts of the precision editor window is the ability to line up your transitions from one clip to the next. I hate seeing jumpy transitions, and the ability to really define your in and out points can turn your movie from being a "homemade" movie into something that looks much more professional. This is the stuff that I've been looking for!

It's also very cool that you can use the Precision Editor to transition not just between clips, but also your audio as well.


"House Lights... Go"

No comments:

Post a Comment